Massage Therapy is the most natural healing method in the world. It can seriously soothe your mind and body and is used to help manage a health condition or to enhance wellness. Massage is practised in many cultures and has one of the earliest roots from which people have tried to relieve pain. The field of massage therapy has been growing in recent years and due to an ever-changing world, services such as Massage Therapy are needed more than ever. It is increasingly being offered along with treatments for a wide range of medical conditions.
Massage can be a powerful tool to help you take charge of your general wellbeing. More and more people are realising the wide range of health benefits resulting from Massage Therapy. As this understanding grows, customers are having massages for either general relaxation and wellbeing or to address a specific complaint such as a muscle or joint pain, or a limited range of motion.
There are several types of massage that focus on different parts of the body or healing approach. They come in a variety of lengths and styles and range from light stroking to deep pressure.
The Potential Benefits of Massage are ...
1) Manages/Reduces/Alleviates Pain
2) Helps to stretch tight joints and muscles
3) Relaxes and Eases Muscle Stiffness and Tension Aches
4) Helps repair strains and injuries and improve tissue health
5) Releases muscle knots.
6) Increases joint flexibility and increased range of motion.
7) Invigorates tired muscles
8) Improves Balance and Stability
9) Improves posture
10) Reduces spasms and cramping.
1) General Sense of Wellness
3) Hydrates the Skin
4) Rejuvenating Experience
5) Boosting Body Energy Reserves
6) Emotional/Mental Wellness
7) Serenity of Mind
8) Aids Better Sleep
9) Restores Balance
10) Longer lasting relief and better Quality of Life
1) Reduces/Relieves Anxiety & Depression
2) Reduces/Relieves Stress & Tension
3) Strengthens the Body Immune System
4) Helps to Improve Blood Circulation
5) Calms/Restores the Nervous System
6) Helps to reduce blood pressure
7) Decreases Fatigue
8) Promotes Relaxation
9) Escapism from Daily Stresses of Life
10) Enjoyment of unwinding and being pampered.
Thai Massage is an ancient practice dating back some 2500 years ago. It is believed that the founder who developed Thai Massage was said to be a doctor called Shivago Komarpaj from Northern India. Thai massage is known as the most holistic type of therapy, it has been added to UNESCO’s prestigious heritage list and has seen impressive growth as a massage technique in recent times. The emphasis is on energy lines within the body which are responsible for physical, mental, and
emotional wellbeing. The main channels for distributing these energies are called Sen. The ten main SEN known as Sib Sen are addressed. Thai massage relieves the stress and tension in the body’s joints and muscles through pressure techniques on pressure points that focus on these energy lines and through yoga-like stretching positions which open channels that improve the flow of energy throughout the body. This helps boost energy levels to support the immune system, body stiffness and muscle pain at the same time achieving reduced levels of stress.
The Massage Therapist uses different parts of their body to perform the massage. You will be compressed, pulled, stretched and rocked in a rhythmic motion so significant pressure is applied to various lines around the body, in doing so increasing blood circulation and releasing lymphatic blockages which have resulted in pain and discomfort.
Thai Massage is an effective relaxation technique. Muscles will feel looser, its energising and maintains a general balance of wellness. Its like a reset for both mind and body. Regular Thai Massage restores long lost mobility to the joints and muscles regardless of age and is effective in increasing overall flexibility and therefore an improved range of motion.